Here we go 2023! Yes, it’s a new year which means it’s a good time for a fresh start, right?!?
Perhaps, you are starting a new fitness routine or determined to start a diet to shed a few pounds. On the other hand, maybe you’ve decided to read more books this year or be more intentional about your relationships.
All of these things are good and I pray that you are successful in your pursuit of them. Goals are an important part of making sure you get what you want out of your life. At the end of the day, you determine the life you’re living.
Last year, I published my 1,000th post. Anyone that’s blogged for more than a minute will tell you that publishing a 1,000 posts is quite a milestone.
Undoubtedly, I have learned a good deal in the years since I first began blogging.
Since this is a blog and I often like to write about the blogging experience itself, I decided to complete a list of blogging resolutions.
Here are my 7 key blogging resolutions for 2023:
1. I will read other people’s blogs more often. Engaging with others is part of the fun of blogging. Reading other people’s content is a key component of blogging. If you want people to read and comment on your posts, it’s a good practice to read and comment on theirs.
2. I will feature more guest posts by fellow bloggers. Building a community through networking with other bloggers helps you and the other blogger grow in a myriad of ways including introducing them to a new audience of readers. This is a beautiful thing. Through supporting, engaging, and connecting with other bloggers, I hope to develop my blogging network, including growing my email list and leveraging emails to help connect, engage, and encourage fellow bloggers.
3. I am going to focus more on spiritual content in 2023. At the end of the day, I consider myself to be a spiritual writer reporting on my spiritual journey. In part, I do this because I believe it’s what God has called me to do. So, I want to remain faithful to that calling. This spiritual content, however, will not focus primarily on sharing a devotional thought or exegesis of Scripture. It will lean more on my personal journey with God and glean from my spiritual experience. For me, it’s more about living a lifestyle of worship.
4. I aim to share more blogging tips and advice in 2023. As I mentioned earlier, I’ve learned a thing or two about blogging since I published my first post. I love helping other bloggers grow and get better. Mentoring fellow bloggers is something that highly interests me. Please let me know if I can help you.
5. I will continue enriching my blog through specific blogging projects like #Blogtober. When something proves highly successful and rewarding, it’s usually a good idea to repeat it and do it again. While it was challenging in its own right, my #Blogtober project proved to be a rewarding experience that I plan on doing again.
6. I hope to review and clean up older posts. I’ve been doing this a minute. Therefore, there are a ton of posts that I have that are in need of some TLC. I plan on reviewing them and making improvements to them.
7. I want to grow deeper in my relationship with God. Truth is I can’t do anything without Jesus. The deeper I grow the further we can go on this spiritual road He has put us on. I need Jesus. I hope you know that. I pray you see that. I’m a broken vessel God chooses to use for the advancement of His kingdom and for His glory. That’s good with me, even though it’s hard sometimes.
How about you, fellow blogger? Do you have a blogging resolution for 2023? If you do, please share it in the comments below.
But then I recall all you have done, O Lord; I remember your wonderful deeds of long ago. They are constantly in my thoughts. I cannot stop thinking about your mighty works.Psalm 77:11-12 (New Living Translation)
As we start a new year and a new adventure, I pray that your 2023 is filled with a multitude of God’s blessing. May your walk with the Lord grow deeper as you faithfully pursue Him.
May your soul rise up and meet the Lord daily as the day rises to meet the sun.
Many, many blessings,
The Devotional Guy™
The Devotional Guy™ Rainer Bantau ©2023