Memorial Day 2021 marks the first collective celebration our nation has had the opportunity to experience in what we all hope is the new post-pandemic era. While we still face a long journey ahead of us, we can see progress has been made since the world first heard about COVID. No doubt the debate about the response to this unsettling virus will be debated for years to come.
How are you celebrating your Memorial Day weekend? Sweet T and I are in Memphis enjoying some R & R. I’m sure a bunch of you folks will be chilling and grilling on Monday. So here are some grill tips I scrounged up:
Memorial Day Grilling Tips:
1. Preheating your grill will give your meats a great sear and make it easier to clean your grill after the party is over. A good sear helps lock in the flavor.
2. Know the ins and outs of your heat source. A strong flame equals better flavor and flavor is what matters. That is, after all, what eating is all about.
3. Don’t sauce your meat first. Sugar breaks down when it’s heated. Sauces tend to have a lot of sugar. Burnt sugar yields bad flavor. No bueno.
4. Low and slow beats super hot nearly every time. Trust me. Avoid super high heat unless you like your meat tough and dry.
5. Leave your meat alone. Put it on the flame and leave it be. It will cook better without you constantly poking and prodding it.
You might enjoy reading my past Memorial Day posts like The COVID-19 Devotionals | Commemorating Memorial Day 2020 or Sunday Prayer |Memorial Day.
However you are choosing to spend your Memorial Day be sure to remember those soldiers who made the ultimate sacrifice in defending the freedoms we enjoy today. And continue doing your part to ensure that life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are rights everyone experiences.
The Devotional Guy™